Ceiling Lift Fixed Track Options
- Straight Track: 3.5 in (90mm), 5.5 in (140mm) and 7 in (180mm) options
- Curved Track: 3.5-in (90mm) in 90° & 45°
- Optional units allow joining of multiple tracks
- Both KWIKtrak and BHM offer optional turntables and X-Y Systems
- KWIKtrak can include exchanger & gate units
Overhead Ceiling Lift Fixed Tracks
Track Options for Ceiling Lifts
Overhead ceiling lifts eliminate the barriers often associated with floor lifts and allow for a completely customizable movement, even from room to room. All of Hudson's ceiling lift track systems allow for safe and easy transfers for the patient and the caregiver, providing a permanent and flexible solution.
Hudson's fixed track systems are made from aluminum extrusion, which provides long-term durability and strength. Using a series of tracks, a custom path for the ceiling lift can be created. A simple straight track design provides basic point-to-point transfer. A curved track can be added to a straight track section, providing access to other transfer points and allowing the ceiling lift to travel around corners and objects. Optional joining systems are also available and allow for movement between two separate tracks.
KWIKtrak Overhead Lift Ceiling-Fastened Tracks
The KWIKtrak is installed with our V4, V4i and V10 overhead lift products, and provides the widest array of optional features. The KWIKtrak's low profile design blends nicely into a room's ceiling. With a combination of track joining systems, KWIKtrak allows for simple straight point to point transfers, movement around corners from room to room, and even transfers from portable units to fixed ceiling units.
KWIKtrak Optional Features
- Turntable - allows the main track to intersect a secondary track section. It requires no power connection of its own – a power-sharing feature on the overhead lift actuates the turntable.
- Exchanger - functions like as a branch in the road. It allows the overhead lift to move from one area (or track) to separate areas. The exchanger is a power sharing device - actuated by the lift.
- Gate - used for transiting the ceiling overhead lift from an X-Y (movable or portable 3rd track) system to a single track system. The gate is a power sharing device, and is available as a single unit or a 2 gate combination kit. The combination kit is used at both ends of the X-Y (movable 3rd track) to allows the overhead lift to transit from a single track system into the X-Y system and out to a second single track system.
- X-Y System - featuring a movable 3rd track, this system permits precise positioning of the lifted person anywhere under the X-Y system's range. Selection is based on distance between fasteners and the overhead lift capacity. The distance between fasteners is the maximum permitted between fasteners wall posts or parallel tracks of the X-Y.
BHM Overhead Lift Ceiling-Fastened Tracks
The Voyager family of fixed ceiling lifts, as well as Hudson's portable lift glides, utilize the BHM ceiling track. With smooth transfers and a styled design, the BHM combines safety and functionality, and blends nicely into any room. With straight and curved rail options, as well as optional features, these ceiling tracks are proven reliable and durable, helping to improve accessibility.
BHM Optional Features
- Turntable - allows the main track to intersect a secondary track section. The electric turntable is powered by a conventional electric outlet and is activated by a pull cord. The manual turntable is a hand activated mechanical device. A pull on one cord rotates the device, a pull on the second cord rotates the device back.
- X-Y System - features a movable 3rd track that permits precise positioning of the lifted person anywhere under the X-Y systems range. Selection is based on distance between fasteners and the ceiling lift capacity. The distance between fasteners is the maximum permitted between fasteners wall posts or parallel tracks of the X-Y.
Ceiling Lift Fixed Track Photo Gallery
click to view larger version